Road Closures & Temporary Suspension Of Residents’ Parking Schemes
Residents’ parking schemes close to Ilkeston town centre will be temporarily suspended during the week of the 763rd Charter Fair – a move which is taken every year in an effort to free-up car parking space.
The schemes will be suspended from Monday 19 October to Sunday 25 October inclusive, resuming on Monday 26 October.
Streets belonging to the two residents parking schemes are:
St Mary Street Area: Burns Street, Fullwood Street, Fullwood Avenue, Gregory Street, Jackson Avenue, New Lawn Road, St Mary Street, Wilmot Street. Queens Drive Area: Albert Street, Cedar Park, Darwin Avenue, Queens Drive, Lissett Avenue, Moss Road.
Several town centre car parks are always closed throughout Ilkeston Charter Fair week to make way for the rides, stalls and fair vehicles.
The following road closures will be in place from 5am on Tuesday 20 October until midday on Sunday 25 October:
- South Street (from its junction with Derby Road to the Market Place)
- Wharncliffe Road (from Albert Street to the Market Place)
- Queen Street - in its entirety
- Market Place - in its entirety
- East Street (from the car park to the Market Place)
- Bath Street (from Wilmot Street to the Market Place)
- Pimlico (from its junction with New Lawn Road to Burns Street)